The May 27 release of Sex and the City 2 is being celebrated with a week of events inspired by Carrie and crew. Here are some highlights:
- Enjoy a night of New York attitude on May 21 as Shifty’s serves up $3 cosmos and $4 martinis, along with a special set of Karate Karaoke hosted by “Mr. Big” Sexy. Dress in your Sex and the City best and who knows, you just might get lucky: Raffle items include movie passes, gift cards and more. 3805 W. Sahara Ave., 10 p.m.-2 a.m.
- Another collection of inspired cocktails— Sence in the City, featuring Sence Rare European Rose Nectar—comes to The Grape at Town Square on May 21-28. As an added bonus, the wine bar donates $1 from every Carrie Bradshaw-influenced cocktail to the American Cancer Society.
- Blue Martini on May 25 hosts Manolos & Martinis, featuring complimentary appetizers, Skyy cocktail specials, a Sex and the City trivia competition, and pink, pink, pink! At Town Square, 6-9 p.m.
- Step out in your stilettos on May 26 for an evening of cosmos, champagne and shopping at the Wynn Esplanade. All attendees will be entered to win tickets to a special 8:30 preview screening later that night. 5:30-7:30 p.m., RSVP required, 770-7115 or email@example.com.
- New York & Co. and Euphoria present a fashion show outside Rave Motion Pictures at 11 p.m. May 26. Ladies lining up for the midnight showing of Sex and the City 2 get wristbands for a one-hour open bar at Blue Martini following the movie.
- After the big premiere on May 27, Sex and the City 2 ticket stubs can be traded for a complimentary glass of Moët at Rhumbar at The Mirage.
- Blue Martini presents a progressive, character-specific fashion show at 7 p.m. May 28, featuring looks from Guess by Marciano and New York & Co. Ladies with Rave theater Sex and the City ticket stubs enjoy an hour-long open bar from 6 p.m.-midnight, and the first 100 get gift bags.
- The Hostile Grape at M Resort celebrates the big-screen return of Carrie and friends in high style, giving ladies wearing stilettos a complimentary bottle of vino during the May 29 installation of the wine bar’s weekly party, As Single As I Wanna Be.
- Gilles Marini tempted Samantha in the first Sex and the City movie, and at 1 p.m. May 30, he will toast the sequel with Moët Ice Impérial at the Palazzo’s adults-only pool, Azure.