We didn’t have to go far to find this expert; he’s Vegas Seven’s food critic and Vegas’ best judge of ethnic cuisine.
- Los Antojos (Mexican). A little dive with great heart and lots of authentic street dishes.
2520 S. Eastern Ave.
- China Mama (Chinese). Great cold dishes, and the best Chinese dumplings in town.
3420 S. Jones Blvd.
- Mi Peru (Peruvian). A little-known cuisine waiting to be discovered. They have great rotisserie chicken on weekends.
1450 W. Horizon Ridge Parkway.
- Bosa 1 (Vietnamese). Surely the best Vietnamese cooking in town, specializing in “broken rice” plates.
3400 S. Jones Blvd., Suite 2A.
- Monta Noodle House (Japanese). You are likely to be the only Caucasian slurping in this ramen shop.
5030 Spring Mountain Road.
- Honey Pig (Korean). First you choose your meats and vegetables, then everything is cooked for you by a team of hard-working waitresses.
4725 Spring Mountain Road.
- Rincon de Buenos Aires (Argentinean). Great barbecue, empanadas and lots of soccer-mad fans congregating for live games.
5300 Spring Mountain Road.