Photographer Danielle DeBruno, Desert Ice Studios
Makeup artist Natasha Chamberlin, MAC Cosmetics
Hairstylist Sarah Vickrey
Muerta, the Day of the Dead Princess, is the look for the girl who wants to go all out. This character is difficult to execute, however, because it involves many layers of body painting. “I started this look by laying out the shapes around the eyes. Next, I filled in the eye area,” makeup artist Natasha Chamberlin says. “I painted the face white and added in the black details and the rose prosthetics on the chin and forehead. Next, I added the gold accents and a dramatic lip. Finally, I colored the rest of her body white and applied the rose petal pasties and back prosthetics. I completed the look with a red wig with black roses and rosaries.”
Enchanting Fairy is for the girl who wants to go glamorous. “This look incorporates standard beauty makeup with a green smoky eye shadow, dramatic lashes, glitter accents and coral lips and cheeks to complement the green hues,” Chamberlin says.
Costume available at Halloween Mart (HalloweenMart.com).
Model: Nikia Lee Provenzano
The Bride of Frankenstein is for the girl who wants full glamour body painting. “I started out by doing an eye with smoky, winged-out eyeliner and dramatic lashes,” Chamberlin says. “Next, I painted the face green and added contours and highlights. I completed the face with a deep, wine-colored lip. I finished the look by painting the entire body green and wrapping her in bandages.”
Model: Olivia Lakis, Envy Agency.
The Gypsy is for the girl who wants to go sexy. “For this character I did standard beauty makeup with a smoky eye, dark lip, dramatic eye lashes and gold accents on the outsides of the eyes,” Chamberlin says.
Costume available at Halloween Mart; quartz crystal ball and assorted rings from For Mystic Minds, 434-7626.
Model: Jamillette Gaxiola
Great Places To Get Your Look
Las Vegas loves Halloween, and many places around town provide makeup, body painting services and instruction, including:
- Make Up For Ever at Sephora inside the Venetian. Makeup instruction. Call 735-3896.
- Color at Caesars Palace. Makeup application and body painting. Call 730-7297.
- Skin City Body Painting. Makeup application and body painting. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org SinCityBodyPainting.com.
- One Luv Agency. Prosthetics, face painting and body painting. E-mail email@example.com or call 501-5751.
- Makeup artist Nadia Shalini. Prosthetics, fantasy makeup, character concepts and beauty makeup. themakeuplab.net.