It’s been a long, cold and rainy winter, so naturally we’ve been dousing our troubles with scotch, bourbon, rye, and aged tequila and rum—spirits brown as yard mud. Sweeping into the room like spring’s first breezes is Wynn Resorts property mixologist Patricia Richards’ Fresh cocktail, created for Lakeside Grill. This lighter-style, spa-like cocktail throws the windows open on your cooped-up palate and works well with any of Lakeside’s more delicate seafood dishes. “The botanicals of the gin work beautifully with the lavender, cucumber and nigori sake to create a uniquely delicious cocktail,” Richards says. There is nothing quite so refreshing as a fresh start.
- 1¼ ounce Oxley gin
- 1¼ ounce Rock Saké “Cloud” nigori
- 1/3 ounce Sonoma lavender-infused simple syrup
- ¼ ounce freshly squeezed and strained lemon juice
- ¾ ounce freshly squeezed and strained cucumber juice (peel first, then juice in an electric juicer)
- A slice of long English cucumber, skin on, for garnish
Combine ingredients in a mixing glass, shake vigorously with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Place the cucumber slice on the rim of the glass.