1. Oscar time! Moët & Chandon invites home viewers to pop open a limited-edition Gold Award Season Moët & Chandon Impérial bottle, which captures the elegance, glamour and spirit of Hollywood, available through March 31 anywhere fine wines are sold, for about $39. Then toast to any of the remaining days in the year with Chandon’s “365 Reasons to Celebrate” desk calendar. $10, Chandon.com.
2. Curious what happens when 1,000 Vegas bartenders take the night off? We’ll find out when Marquee Nightclub & Dayclub at the Cosmo hosts the Bartenders Ball on March 7, presented by Belvedere and JackColton.com. Bartenders, keep an eye on your in-box for invitations.
3. Grape Street Café Wine Bar & Cellar in Summerlin recently launched a Thursday night boutique wine-tasting series with Parc Ave Distributors, offering one glass for $5. The 5-8 p.m. promotion continues Feb. 24 with Maysara Winery pinot noirs, March 3 with French wines, Californian wines March 10, Washington wines from Bergevin Lane on March 17, Italian wines March 24 and Chilean wines March 31. Can’t wait till then? EatDrink specialty shop at the Cosmo offers Saturday afternoon tastings, featuring four tastes for $5. Grape Street Café at 7501 W. Lake Mead Blvd., 228-9463, GrapeStreetCafe.com.
4. Lisa and Sean Bigley of Mélange Beverage Co. will launch Savor & Sip, a food and beverage trade publication, in March. Each bimonthly issue will feature insights from food and beverage luminaries such as Wirtz Beverage Co.’s Larry O’Brien and editor Jennifer Gaydeski. SavorAndSip.com.
5. Celebrate The Macallan at one of three interactive evenings of scotch education and appreciation. Sign up for March 2, 3 or 4 at CelebrateTheMacallan.com. Want even more scotch? Andre’s at the Monte Carlo is launching Whisky Wednesdays in its cigar lounge, 7-9 p.m. beginning March 30. The first installment will feature Highland single-malt scotch at three stations including The Macallan, Glenmorangie and Glenlivet. $25, 7-9 p.m., 798-7151, AndreLV.com.
6. Victoria Beer lovers rejoice! Mexico’s Vienna-style lager has crossed the border and is being spotted all over the U.S., including Las Vegas as of Valentine’s Day, and it is being served at La Salsa Cantina in the Miracle Mile Shops.
7. The Village at Lake Las Vegas has announced a 2011 schedule brimming with beer and wine. The first Brew’s Best Hand-Crafted Beer Festival of the year takes place 1-6 p.m. March 12. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door. The White Affair kicks off this season’s Wine Walks to benefit New Vista Community on April 2, 4-8 p.m. Tickets are $50 in advance and $60 at the door. A complete calendar of events can be found at NewVistaCommunity.org.