1. Vegas Seven’s Cocktail Culture department runs on a steady diet of good news, bar fruit and whiskey. But when even that runs out, we need a little green energy. From Usana—makers of the detoxification supplement Hepasil DTX that keeps our livers in good working order—comes Rev3 energy drink. With no artificial flavors, sweeteners or preservatives and a taste reminiscent of Hawaiian Punch, Rev3 provides much-needed boost but is low-glycemic and packs all kinds of helpful vitamins and minerals. And some mornings we need all the help we can get. GetRev3.com.
2. Real Housewives of Orange County alum Tamra Barney will host the kickoff of Cougars & Cuervo Wednesdays 6-9 p.m. April 6 at T&T Tacos & Tequila in Luxor. The new weekly cougar fest will feature the aptly named Cougarita, made with Jose Cuervo Tradicional. Tequila + cougars = photobooth time.
3. TheDailyMeal.com took on the arduous task of listing The 50 Most Important Inventions (and Discoveries) in Food and Drink. Making that august lineup were, of course, fermentation, the wine press, distillation, refrigeration … And where would civilization be without the blender? More entertaining still is the slide show of 10 Food and Drink Inventions We Didn’t Need. That said, we happen to think the Slap Chop is just a little bit of genius.
4. Dusting off the patio after winter’s slumber, ROK Vegas at New York-New York welcomes the spring and summer with a new cocktail menu. Try the Coconut Breeze, Park Slope Mandrin, Captain Punch, Mochatini and Park Avenue for $13-$15, or two-for-one during happy hour, 6-9 p.m. Thu-Sat. RokVegasNightclub.com.
5. Beer nuts and cellar rats will love this new app for the iPhone, iTouch, iPad or your Mac computer. Bento, a personal database from FileMaker, offers Beer Hunter to keep track of all the beers you’ve loved before and hopefully will in the future. Another template, Wine Cellar, keeps track of your personal inventory.
6. Creative agency the Loud Cloud has created a mixology app where every cocktail is a work of art. On the Mixtures cocktail gallery, available for free at iTunes.com, Loud Cloud’s collective of 15 unique graphic artists and illustrators has created tributes to their favorite classic and contemporary cocktails. Each design comes with the drink’s recipe and method, and they’re as attractive as they are delicious. TheLoudCloud.com.
7. The Universal Whisky Experience, held March 18 and 19 at Wynn, was the first—but surely not the last—gathering of whisky connoisseurs, collectors and enthusiasts. There, Wynn Resorts property mixologist Patricia Richards led a whisky mixology session where she proved that brown spirits aren’t just for fall and winter. Her Kentucky Tea—featuring Wild Turkey 101—will fit right in poolside this summer. UniversalWhiskyExperience.com.