Now in its 37th year, UNLVino proudly stands as Nevada’s longest-running wine festival, benefiting UNLV’s scholarship programs for hospitality students. This year, the tasting event, which runs March 31-April 2, will honor celebrity chef Todd English, Mirage President Felix Rappaport and the eminent culinarian Robin Leach, awarding each the Dom Pérignon Award of Excellence. Three fun-filled nights of wine, cocktails and sake will transform some of Vegas’ finest venues into spectacular sampling spots. Visit UNLVino.com for tickets.
- On Thursday, March 31, raise your glasses high for the kickoff party, Bubble-Licious at Crystals, a fun and flighty escape com- posed of champagne, sparkling wine and innovative champagne cocktails. In CityCenter, 7-10 p.m., tickets $75 in advance and $100 at the door.
- Bask in the beauty of The Mirage’s pool during Sake Fever! on Friday, April 1. Sample more than 100 premium sakes presented by Japanese brew masters paired with savory Asian-inspired bites. In The Mirage, 7-10 p.m., tickets $50 in advance, $75 at the door.
- Cap off the splendid weekend with a bang and a benefit. Enjoy domestic and international wines, craft beers and award-winning cocktails on Saturday, April 2 at UNLVino’s Grand Tasting at Paris Las Vegas. 7-10 p.m., tickets $75 in advance, $100 at the door.
The ultimate assembly of the finest masters working their crafts: Las Vegas chefs, sommeliers and mixologists will unite to create a weekend of epicurean extravagance. Celebrating its fifth anniversary, Vegas Uncork’d is a sensory journey through wine and food held May 5-8 at some of the Strip’s best eateries. Peruse the complete event lineup at VegasUncorked.com.
- After Hours at Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak, hosted by chef Colicchio himself, featuring fine spirits and wines paired with hors d’oeuvres and tasting tables. The night will be accompanied by live music and includes complimentary entrance into Studio 54 in the MGM Grand. 10:30 p.m. May 5, $125.
- Don’t miss The Chef, A Sommelier & The Cheese Monger at Bellagio’s famed restaurant, Michael Mina, where chef Jason Johnston and master sommelier Jason Smith will lead an afternoon high- lighting wine and cheese matches made in heaven. 2-3:30 p.m., May 6, $85.
- Indulge in the Grand Tasting in the Garden of the Gods pool oasis at Caesars with more than 100 wines and spirits to match the various chefs’ small- plate creations. 7:30-10 p.m. May 6, $200.
- Tickets will go fast for the once-in-a-lifetime dinner Toques Off to Paul Bocuse, a multi- course dinner with paired wines bringing together Guy Savoy, Joël Robuchon, Alain Ducasse, Pierre Gagnaire, Hubert Keller and Julian Serrano to honor the definitive name in French gastronomy. 7-10 p.m. May 7, in the MGM Grand’s Premier Ballroom, $395.
Wine Walk, The White Affair
Don your favorite white outfit on Saturday, April 2, for Wine Walk’s The White Affair, taking place at The Village at Lake Las Vegas. Sampling strictly white wines, cocktails, beers and sakes, patrons can pair their favorite drinks with a variety of tasty samplings from nine Vegas restaurants with proceeds benefiting New Vista Community. Wine Walk will feature entertainment by Phat Strad, a live auction and Las Vegas show entertainers pouring the wine and mingling with guests. Celebratory fireworks blast off at 9 p.m., and Wine Walk is even offering complimentary designated drivers to take wine lovers home safely. 4-8 p.m., $50 in advance, $60 at the door, WineWalkLV.com.
Simon at Palms Place
Just the thought of pan-seared Long Island duck breast and black cherry risotto paired with a Russian River Valley pinot noir makes our taste buds melt, and that’s not even the entrée. On April 13, Simon at Palms Place toasts to pinot noir, featuring wine from Pali Wine Co., a state-of-the-art winery based in Lompoc, Calif. The crafted five-course meal and innovative wine pairing offers shaved Iberico ham and dry-aged New York strip steak among other flavorful indulgences. 7 p.m., $80 per person, reservations required, 944-3292.
Rock ’n’ Roll Wine Reggae Pool Party
Michael Black at the Rock ’n’ Roll Wine Reggae Pool Party.
The popular monthly medley of music and wine famed for bringing bands such as Third Eye Blind, Lit and Everclear, Rock ’n’ Roll Wine, presents its sixth annual Reggae Pool Party on April 30. From 7-11 p.m., winos and music lovers will take on the gorgeous sprawling pool and backyard of Green Valley Ranch, including the vineyard-lined amphitheater and lobby bar. Reggae artists Michael Black and the Jah Guide Band and the Makepeace Brothers will rock the main stage while Mishka and Shawn Garnett strum it out on the acoustic stage. More than 100 wines from 40 wineries will be available for tasting and five restaurants from the resort will sell small plates. $40 in advance, $45 at the door, RNRWine.com.
Art and Wine: A Perfect Pairing
Bellagio Art & Wine.
The second Wednesday of each month has morphed into an intellectual and culturally satisfying evening at Bellagio’s Gallery of Fine Art as it presents Art & Wine: A Perfect Pairing. Director of wine Jason Smith and gallery director Tarissa Tiberti will be joined by one of Bellagio’s three master sommeliers to lead a discussion regarding each work of art and its wine pairing.
- May 11, the event will feature the exhibit A Sense of Place: Land- scapes From Monet to Hockney, with land- scape paintings, photographs and videos from classic artists (opening April 16) paired with wines. $30 BGFA members, $38 nonmembers, 693-7871.
Wine Spectator’s Grand Tour
Experience more than 200 of the world’s finest wines as Wine Spectator’s annual Grand Tour checks into the Venetian for one incredible night. Meet many of the winemakers and winery owners themselves as you wind your way from booth to booth, sampling wines top-rated by Wine Spectator magazine, including many that are hard to find. Each ticket includes a light buffet and a souvenir Riedel tasting glass to take home. $200, 7-10 p.m., May 14, WineSpectator.com.