1. Good news will spread quickly when early bottles touting the collaboration between Belvedere vodka and the charitable campaign (PRODUCT)RED begin to make their way into Las Vegas clubs later this year. (RED) logos tell the discerning, worldly consumer that 50 percent of the club or retailer’s profit goes directly to the Global Fund to fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. JoinRed.com.
2. Whether they realized it or not, guests at UNLVino’s Bubblicious tasting got to experience a new alternative to the traditional caged champagne cork. The Zork SPK (Zork.com) kept bottles of Yellow Tail sparkling white and rosé wines under pressure even as they were opened and resealed all night long. You just peel, twist, pull and pour then reset and press to keep your bubbles bubbly. DiscoverYellowtail.com/bubbles.
3. The April issue of Everyday With Rachael Ray magazine throws a little love Vegas-way. MGM Grand’s Shibuya restaurant teamed up with Shizuoka Prefecture distiller Oomuraya Shuzo to produce three sakes, fruity to light to dry, available by the bottle for $59 and up, or in nifty little single-serving cans for $17. MGMGrand.com.
4. Made it through Monday? Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza will reward you with half-off bottles of wine, 5-9:30 p.m. on Mondays in addition to the “Happiest Hour” specials, 4-6 p.m. daily featuring half-off tapas plus beer and wine specials. SammysPizza.com.
5. Two of Vegas’ top female mixologists were named among the “Top 10 Female Mixologists” by AskMen.com. The slideshow spotlights Cosmopolitan property mixologist and Chandelier bar GM Mariena Mercer and Wynn Resorts property mixologist Patricia Richards—both also featured on Vegas Seven’s Women of Mixology cover (“Fine Spirits,” July 10, 2010). AskMen.com/top_10/entertainment/top-10-women-bartenders_10.html.
6. Register to win a bottle of The Balvenie Select Barrel Reserve 15-year scotch when Casa Fuente in the Forum Shops at Caesars welcomes The Balvenie Rare Craft Road Show, noon-8 p.m. April 18. Check out a handmade Morgan Roadster Sport up close and enjoy specials on The Balvenie scotch including the 1972 Single Cask. DriveThisEntertainment.com.
7. Now through May 15, Mandarin Oriental invites Mandarin Bar, MOzen Bistro and Pool Café guests to help name this season’s featured poolside cocktail, made with Tequila Avión, Cointreau, fresh lime juice, fresh blackberries, agave nectar and a sprig of thyme. The winner receives a complimentary poolside cabana for four over Memorial Day weekend and two pitchers of the cocktail. MandarinOriental.com/lasvegas.