An Electric Daisy Carnival checklist
Ever seen a reggae ice cream truck? What about a white guy with dreads, crowd-surfing in a giant hamster ball? Oh, and don’t forget the joy of discovering your new favorite DJ. Exactly what the Vegas incarnation of Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC) holds for June 24-26 at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway will remain a mystery until we get there, but if it’s anything like EDC has been in Los Angeles in years past, there are a few festival staples we can count on and seven things you simply must do and see:
1. Dress in as much neon and glitter as possible. Part of the fun of EDC is going all-out with crazy and colorful attire. Bonus points if you incorporate actual daisies into your getup and write “P.L.U.R.” on your face.
2. Trade “kandi” with a stranger (those are plastic pony bead bracelets for you “n00bs”).
3. Ride the rides! It’s a carnival, for goodness sake. There’s a Ferris wheel that everyone uses as a landmark, a carousel of swings, and that crazy-fast spinning ride that endangers your lunch. And all rides are free for attendees, but don’t load up on all the grub from the food vendor area first.
4. Dance, as they say, like no one’s is watching. And use glowsticks … nobody will make fun of you for it at EDC.
5. Swing by during headliners David Guetta, Swedish House Mafia and Tiësto’s sets just to say you did, but don’t forget to hit up the smaller side stages right when the festival begins. That’s where you can discover the next big thing as Duck Sauce, LA Riots and Boys Noize all played at previous EDC events.
6. Other acts we plan on checking out at EDC are Above & Beyond, Dash Berlin, Trent Cantrelle, Wolfgang Gartner, Plastikman, Infected Mushroom, Wippenberg, Green Velvet, Major Lazer, Bloody Beatroots, Planet of the Drums and Christopher Lawrence. For the complete lineup, visit ElectricDaisyCarnival.com.
7. A few slots at EDC still haven’t been announced as of press time. With our fingers crossed, here’s who we’re hoping might spin (Note: you should check out their music anyway so you’ll sound smart when speaking with EDC vets): Fake Blood, Gabriel & Dresden, Far Too Loud, Joachim Garraud, Junkie XL, Rank 1,The Prodigy, DJ Shadow and Moby. We can dream, can’t we?