1. Il dolce far niente—to the Italians, the sweetness of doing nothing. Union restaurant at Aria will host a wine pairing and reception featuring the wines of Far Niente at 7 p.m. July 14. Featured wines include the Napa Valley wine estate’s award-winning chardonnay and cabernet, as well as the En Route pinot noir, Nickel & Nickel merlot and, of course, something sweet for dessert. For $55 per person, these wines will be paired with tastes of the restaurant’s “greatest hits.” AriaLasVegas.com/dining.
2. Koi in Planet Hollywood has launched Sunset Flights, available in the Lounge from 5-7 nightly for $18. The new tasting menu features a trifecta of the restaurant’s small bites and specialty sake pairings, smaller-size portions of three of the restaurant’s most sought-after dishes, including yellowtail tartare, crispy rice with spicy tuna and creamy rock shrimp tempura paired with a variety of complementary sake expressions. KoiRestaurant.com.
3. For a limited time, enjoy RA Sushi’s new Summer Sips, three refreshing cocktails for $8 each, including the Orange Dreamsicle, coconut mojitos and a key-lime cocktail, served up. Like the summer, this offer will come to an end. Get one by Aug. 15. RAsushi.com.
4. The heat’s a-creeping! Retreat into a Ruby Partida by King Cocktail, Dale DeGroff: Shake 1½ ounce Partida reposado tequila ($50 at Total Wine & More), 1½ ounce fresh ruby red grapefruit juice, ½ ounce Cointreau and ½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice with ice. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Pour ½ ounce French cassis down the inside of the glass so it will settle at the bottom.
5. Kings Row (998-4160), Vegas’ newest casual, Rat Pack-era throwback cocktail and gaming lounge and restaurant celebrated its grand opening in June in the former home of venerable Minnesotan sanctuary the Blue Ox West (1980-2009) at 3111 S. Valley View Blvd., Suite K-108. We hear the burgers are mighty tasty. Facebook.com/pages/kings-row.
6. Hosting expected or unexpected guests? Available through July 31, the Palazzo and the Venetian offer Bar Hop, the ultimate party pass offering unlimited well drinks, house wine and domestic beers at Laguna Champagne Bar, Fusion Latin Mixology Bar, Salute Lounge, Oculus Bar and La Scena Lounge, plus complimentary admission to Azure Luxury Pool. $75 per day, $150 for a weekend hop (noon Friday to 6 p.m. Sunday) at any Venetian or Palazzo box office; 414-9000.
7. While we’re certain you already know, we’ll just remind you that July 10 is National Piña Colada Day, followed by National Daiquiri Day on July 19. We’re not saying you can’t drink something else, but it would be unpatriotic.