Whether your heel breaks or a long day of work leaves you overripe, we’ve all had a fashion snafu. These situations might not be able to be avoided, but they can at least be easily fixed if you are equipped with the right artillery.
Do you have a fashion emergency kit? Every stylist and celebrity has one, and you should, too. Here are some of the must-haves:
• Double-sided tape is a quick fix for any hem or too much cleavage.
• Little gold safety pins can serve the same purpose and also fix a broken jewelry clasp or a hole near a zipper.
• Color in a scuff or a damaged heel on your shoe with sharpie pens.
• Straight vodka sprayed on your jacket will get the odor out of the armpits.
• Stain remover pens or baby wipes come to the rescue on stains. A velvet hanger or a Mr. Eraser sponge will remove deodorant marks from clothing.
• Prevent snags by always having a nail file handy.
• Clear nail polish or hairspray will stop a run in your hose/tights or stop a button from unraveling.
• Manicure scissors will nip those loose threads.
• Super glue not only mends a broken nail, but it’s great for sticking a jewel back on an embellished item or even completing a fast fix for a broken heel.
•If you don’t have that mini bottle of Static Guard, moisturize to prevent static.
• Moleskin prevents blisters from developing.
• Tie your bra straps together with dental floss in a crisis.
• Rub soap or a wax candle onto the problem area of a stuck zipper to set you free.
Have another genius solution to share? Write me so I can make sure it get in my kit and share with other readers.