1. Go around the world in 150 beers without ever leaving the Backyard at Green Valley Ranch. Southern Wine & Spirits’ lineup features many domestic breweries, from Oregon’s Full Sail to Shipyard of Portland, Maine; from elsewhere in the New World, including Brazil’s Palma Louca and Canada’s Unibroue; and from across the pond—Spain’s Estrella Damm, Germany’s Warsteiner, Scotland’s Belhaven and Murphy’s of Ireland.
2. What would great beer be without equally great eats? Five Green Valley Ranch venues will provide the nosh for $2-$10 in the Land Rover Park amphitheater, including Terra Verde Italian, Feast Buffet, Hank’s Fine Steaks and Martinis, Tides Oyster Bar and Sushi + Sake.
3. More on the food front: We hear the barbecue plate provided by the Feast Buffet is where it’s at. Pair your succulent barbecued ribs, a pulled pork sandwich, barbecue brisket or barbecue chicken with two sides, including corn on the cob, barbecue beans, coleslaw and corn bread. Oh, and it’s just $10. Think we could get a beer over here to wash this down?
4. Among the local home-brewers pouring alongside the pros is Banger Brewing, which will offer its Summer Session (a lighter-bodied blonde with a honey aroma), Perfect 10 (a dry-hopped American ale with—you guessed it—10 ingredients) and the new Black EYE.P.A.
5. Representing the Southern Nevada Ale Fermenter’s Union (a.k.a. SNAFU), award-winning home-brewer and WENDOH Media staffer Kyle Weniger will pour seven of his beers in the spirit of Vegas Seven’s inaugural beer fest, including his chocolate coconut porter, ESB Braggot and cherry dark strong ale.
6. When the festival ends, the after-parties begin! The night continues with soirees in the Lobby Bar and Drop Bar. Unapologetically ’80s cover band Steel Panther melts faces and hearts with their searingly funny show inside Ovation beginning at 11 p.m.
7. Believe it or not, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. So party responsibly, and if you need to make a night of it, book a room at the Ranch for $99 with the code “GCIDHBF.”