I often find myself yearning for the good ol’ days, back when I didn’t worry what I was going to Tweet about and how many e-mails were in my in-box. I, too, fall victim of those dinners with my husband where texting and e-mails become “togetherness.”
So, it’s a breath of fresh air to see the glamour of the Old Hollywood come back to life. The days when movies were black-and-white, hair was perfectly coiffed, and insane fur pieces were not ostentatious but wildly glamorous. So my fall fashion challenge to you is to leave your phone at home and get carried away being the starlet of your own romance film. Greta Garbo, Jean Harlow and Grace Kelly are the ones to watch this season. Ensure A-list status with these fabulous fall trends:
• Fur Anything. Buying a fur vest or acquiring a vintage stole (you can always find them on the cheap on eBay) will add instant star power. Pair it with jeans and a blouse or over a cocktail dress.
• Rock the red lip. Spend some time to find your best red. Everyone can do this, and it’s not expensive. Red lips make applying makeup a cinch. Simple mascara, powder and a red lip—you’re ready for your next sizzling scene.
• Anything from the Star collection from Dolce & Gabbana will have you red-carpet-ready.
• Invest in a pair of long leather gloves—they’re chic with just about anything.
• Up the ante with some lace.
• Add some velvet back into your life—try a color other than black this season.
• If the word budget does not exist in your vocabulary, the Piaget diamond lace-up cuff-watch is the only piece of lingerie you would ever need again.