1. Do you know Jack? Casa Fuente (731-5051) in the Forum Shops at Caesars sure does! The two have collaborated to bring you a limited-edition Casa Fuente single-barrel whiskey. A portion of the proceeds from each $85 bottle benefits the Cigar Family Charitable Foundation. Get your bottle engraved and have Carlos Fuente Jr. sign it at the 2011 Cigar Aficionado Big Smoke (CigarAficionado.com), Oct. 28-30 at the Venetian.
2. You’ll have not one but three chances next month to sample seven bourbons and rye whiskies with Hunter Chavanne of Kentucky Bourbon Distillers Ltd.: 6:30 p.m. Oct. 3 at Total Wine & More in Henderson (501 N. Stephanie St.); 6:30 p.m. Oct. 4 in the Whiskey Attic at the Freakin Frog (4700 S. Maryland Parkway); and 6 p.m. Oct. 6 at Vanguard Lounge (516 E. Fremont St.). KentuckyBourbonWhiskey.com.
3. Elements Kitchen & Martini Bar presents a seven-course scotch pairing dinner 6:30 p.m. Oct. 24 featuring select single-malt scotches aged 8 to 30 years. Seating is limited. $89, 4950 S. Rainbow Blvd., 750-2991, ElementsKitchenAndMartiniBar.com.
4. Morton’s The Steakhouse will offer a food and wine pairing Master Class 6-7:30 p.m. Oct. 7. Sommelier Sara Fasolino will present an interactive seminar featuring six hors d’oeuvres and wines. All participants earn a “Morton’s Associate Sommelier” certificate. $49, 400 E. Flamingo Road, 893-0703, Mortons.com.
5. Guests of the Silverton’s One Drunk Puppy wine tasting will enjoy complimentary appetizers, live entertainment, contests, silent auction and wine 6-10 p.m. Oct. 15. All proceeds benefit the Nevada SPCA No Kill Animal Shelter. $25 in advance, $30 at the door, SilvertonCasino.com.
6. Las Vegas’ Corey Nyman is only just outta the gate with his 2009 Labor Wines Oregon pinot noir and already confirming that his first white, a 2011 pinot blanc, will debut in the spring. Hear more at WineCrush.com/listen. Try the 2009 pinot noir at Blue Ribbon in the Cosmopolitan for $19 a glass, $70 for a bottle. LaborWines.com.
7. If you missed the Season 2 premiere of HBO’s Boardwalk Empire (9 p.m. Sundays), HBO subscribers can catch up at HBOGo.com. While you’re at it, whip up a classic cocktail! Bellagio mixologist Matt Myers serves this updated Allegheny at Petrossian Bar: Stir 1½ ounces Maker’s 46, ½ ounce dry vermouth, ¾ ounce crème de mure, ½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice and ½ ounce simple syrup in a mixing glass with ice. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a lemon twist.