Here are notes from November’s Las Vegas Advisor on the month’s best deals.
• For a number of years, it seemed the Riviera’s main role in life was to take up space on the Strip. But it looks like that’s about to change. The new management has emphasized that value is the prime directive, and it’s making solid moves. One of the new additions is a buffet-and-show deal for $22. The cost of a dinner buffet and a ticket to the Riviera Comedy Club purchased separately is $52, so you save $30 per person on this deal. You almost can’t go wrong with a comedy club, and the new Riv Buffet has been upgraded big-time. The package is offered seven days a week, and tickets are available at the buffet.
• The Market Street Café at the California serves a prime-rib special that comes with a vegetable, baked potato, salad bar and a big bowl of cherries jubilee for dessert—all for $8.95. This one’s noteworthy, not so much for the 8-ounce prime rib—though it’s a better-than-average cut and comes with the super-hot horseradish if you ask—but for all those extras. It’s served from 4 to 11 p.m., and you’re guaranteed not to go away hungry.
• Hennessey’s downtown serves creative breakfasts such as the Danny Boy platter—a mix of home-style potatoes topped with eggs, smoked sausage, avocado, cheese, and salsa with tortillas on the side—for $9.95. On Tuesdays, breakfasts are two-for-one all day. Put the saving toward a couple of Hennessey’s awesome Bloody Marys that come garnished with lemon, lime, celery stalk and salt on the rim for $6.25. If you’re into the Marys alone, they’re just $4 on Saturdays and Sundays till 1 p.m.
• A few months ago I wrote about the five bars in town with foosball tables. Make that six bars, adding Home Plate out on Blue Diamond Road. Also on the foosball front, the broken table at Money Plays has been repaired.
• It’s always good to end with a flourish, so how about 10-cent wings and 5-cent beers! It would be super cool if they were in the same place, but they’re not. The chicken wings are at Paymon’s (both the Maryland Parkway and Sahara Avenue locations) during the Sunday and Monday Night Football games. The nickel beers are at the Fremont East district’s Beauty Bar, beginning at 10 p.m. Tuesdays. Bring your ID to the latter, or you ain’t gettin’ in!
Follow Anthony Curtis via RSS.