Last week, Neiman Marcus Fashion Director Ken Downing made a special appearance at the Las Vegas store to present the top fashion trends for Fall 2011 and Resort 2012. Below are his recommended tips and at the bottom of this post, check out my fashion photo slide show featuring gorgeous pieces from Michael Kors, Chanel, Lanvin, Elizabeth & James, Prada, Valentino, Victoria Beckham, Dolce & Gabbana and more. The models’ beauty looks come from Tom Ford, which has opened a beautiful new counter on Level One of the Neiman Marcus in Las Vegas. Shop these looks at Neiman Marcus at Fashion Show Mall, 3200 Las Vegas Blvd. S., or online at www.neimanmarcus.com.
Ken’s Fall Fashion Advice:
- Bordeaux is the color of the season. “I love the idea of Bordeaux this season. How chic. It’s interesting to me, the idea of wine and roses. And mixing them together. Even eyewear this season takes on the color of Bordeaux and wine and roses.”
- “The pump has left the secretarial pool and made its way to the runway.”
- “For years we told you not to match your handbag and shoes. Well the nice thing about fashion is that we make the rules and we break the rules. The idea of a handbag matching a shoe is very chic again.”
- “Notice the girls are carrying their handbag from the top like a clutch. It’s the new way to carry a bag. It’s the chicest way to carry a handbag.”
- “I’m not a big fan of the wrap. I talk often about how I do not love wraps. I love the idea of taking a day wear piece and tossing it over your shoulders.”
For more fall fashion advice, follow Laura Coronado at LollieShopping.com.
Follow Laura Coronado via RSS.