1. Give the gift of high spirits this season. For the serious collector, look for Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia, and for the clubber, the blacklight-friendly Hennessy Privilege Nyx Collector Bottle. Money’s no object? Stoli Elit. Philanthropists will appreciate Belvedere (Red), which donates 50 percent of proceeds to end HIV/AIDS in Africa. Cowboys and girls will love High West Double Rye. For your girlfriends, get Godiva’s new chocolate or chocolate-raspberry-flavored vodkas, and give Mad Men the new Bombay Sapphire East.
2. Protein-infused Devotion vodka makes the perfect gag item for your holiday gift-swap. TV’s The Situation gives it two abs up.
3. With all this liquor, home mixologists will need a snazzy new cocktail pitcher, the snazziest being by Yarai at CocktailKingdom.com, which also stocks classic bar items from strainers to copper Moscow Mule mugs. Modernists, check out UberBarTools.com.
4. If you prefer to shop locally, check out the ultra-chic barware at Las Vegas’ own Unicahome showroom (3901 W. Russell Road, Unicahome.com). And Las Vegas Distillery makes its Nevada vodka right in Henderson. LasVegasDistillery.com.
5. Wanna give that whiskey collector something truly exotic? Better try before you buy. Downtown’s Le Thai is offering Mekhong Whiskey, Thailand’s national spirit, which is actually closer to a rum and flavored with a secret blend of exotic herbs and spices. Says Le Thai owner Daniel Coughlin, “We like it on ice or mixed with ginger ale and a squeeze of lime.” $18.49, Total Wine & More.
6. Newcastle Brown Ale fans will want to stock up on the newly launched Winter IPA for all the season’s gift-giving holidays. This limited-edition brew, created in partnership with the Caledonian Brewery, stays true to the subtly hopped recipes of traditional 18th-century India Pale Ales, but also salutes the holidays with just a touch of sweetness. Because nothing says I love you like a six-pack. $8 for six, Khoury’s Fine Wine & Spirits.
7. And finally, if you’re torn between a handsome crystal decanter and a bottle of the good stuff, give both. Vieux Carré Absinthe Supérieure comes in this oh-so-desirable bottle reminiscent of a classic decanter. With just a red bow—voilà! $54, Total Wine & More.
Follow Xania Woodman via RSS.