On Tuesday, UNLV sophomore forward Mike Moser was named to the Top 25 list of frontrunners for the John R. Wooden Award.
The award is given in April to college basketball’s most outstanding player.
The list was compiled by the Wooden Award National Advisory Board, and Moser is the Mountain West Conference’s lone representative.
Through 19 games this season for the 14th-ranked Rebels (16-3 overall, 0-1 MWC), Moser is averaging 13.9 points and 11.2 rebounds per game, posting eight double-doubles. His two signature performances came in a Nov. 26 victory over then-top-ranked North Carolina, with 16 points and 18 rebounds, then four days later in posting 34 points and 10 rebounds in a double-overtime victory over UC Santa Barbara.
The lone Rebel to ever win the award was Larry Johnson in 1991.
The rest of the list released Tuesday includes …
• Harrison Barnes — Sophomore forward, North Carolina
• Will Barton — Sophomore guard, Memphis
• William Buford — Senior guard, Ohio State
• Anthony Davis — Freshman forward, Kentucky
• Marcus Denmon — Senior guard, Missouri
• Draymond Green — Senior forward, Michigan State
• John Henson — Junior forward, North Carolina
• John Jenkins — Junior guard, Vanderbilt
• Orlando Johnson — Senior guard, UC Santa Barbara
• Darius Johnson-Odom — Senior guard, Marquette
• Kevin Jones — Senior forward, West Virginia
• Perry Jones III — Sophomore forward, Baylor
• Kris Joseph — Senior forward, Syracuse
• Michael Kidd-Gilchrist — Freshman forward, Kentucky
• Jeremy Lamb — Sophomore guard/forward, UConn
• Damian Lillard — Junior guard, Weber State
• Scott Machado — Senior guard, Iona
• Kendall Marshall — Sophomore guard, North Carolina
• Doug McDermott — Sophomore forward, Creighton
• Arnett Moultrie — Junior forward, Mississippi State
• Thomas Robinson — Junior forward, Kansas
• Mike Scott — Senior forward, Virginia
• Jared Sullinger — Sophomore forward, Ohio State (Last Year’s Winner)
• Cody Zeller — Freshman forward, Indiana