Pacquiao-Bradley set for June 9

The world knew 10 days ago that Manny Pacquiao’s return to the ring wouldn’t come in a superfight against Floyd Mayweather.

Today Top Rank Boxing President Todd duBoef confirmed that a bout against Timothy Bradley, which the Filipino superstar had agreed to in principle earlier in the week, was indeed set for June 9 at the MGM Grand.

“It’s a very tough fight. Stylistically, Timmy poses a real threat,” duBoef told ESPN. “I think Timmy is an incredibly skilled fighter. He has quick hands, quick feet, he’s undefeated and he doesn’t know how to lose. Tim Bradley is a winner. Manny will have to be on top of his game against Tim Bradley, who is in his prime. Manny has always taken on those challenges.”

The 28-year old Bradley, who hails from Palm Springs, Calif., is undefeated in 28 fights. The WBO light-welterweight champion, who will reportedly get a minimum purse of $5 million, most recently defeated Joel Casamayor by TKO on the undercard of Pacquiao’s fight against Juan Manuel Marquez last November.

“Signed, sealed and delivered!” Bradley told the The Desert Sun. “It’s everything and more. I’ve been waiting for this moment. I’m going to do what I do. I’m going to get to work and I’m definitely shooting for the stars. I’m going to be 110 percent ready for this fight.”

So too should the 33-year-old Pacquiao—who has won 15 straight fights, over a seven-year span—but is coming off a controversial majority decision victory over Marquez.



Optimization WordPress Plugins & Solutions by W3 EDGE