1. The race is on to see which watering hole will be Nevada’s first to host Fernet Branca on tap. Rumor has it that two popular mixology bars—one on-Strip, one off—are vying to offer the Italian amaro on a four-bottle system that ties into existing beer lines. Think Wynn would accept a prop bet?
2. Fans of Redbreast Irish whiskey will be thrilled about Redbreast 12 Cask Strength, a full-flavored new version that goes straight from cask to bottle. $65 suggested retail.
3. Sample even more whiskey at Andre’s Whiskey Wednesdays, celebrating St. Patrick’s Day on March 7 and the Kentucky Derby on May 2. In the Monte Carlo, 9-11 p.m., $25 in advance, $35 at the door, AndreLV.com.
4. The three-course craft beer-pairing dinner at Dragon Noodle Co. & Sushi Bar is back for the month of March, including Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.’s pale ale (now available in cans!). $28, in the Monte Carlo, 730-7965.
5. Save the date for a five-course cocktail-pairing dinner April 4 at Embers Grille + Spirits in Summerlin. $100, 7 p.m., EmbersLasVegas.com.
6. Get ’em before they sell out again! Tickets are on sale now for the second annual Great Festival of Beer, April 21 at Tivoli Village. 5-9 p.m., Facebook.com/greatvegasbeer.
7. China Poblano will celebrate a Tequila & Mezcal Festival March 12-25 with complimentary tastings and intimate pairing dinners. In the Cosmopolitan, ChinaPoblano.com.
Follow Xania Woodman via RSS.