Does the empty Borders in Town Square make you sad? All those well-organized shelves, emptied and packed off to wherever used industrial-strength bookshelves go. Although the books aren’t coming back, the obsessive organization is making a triumphant return to the erstwhile Borders space. The Container Store—a Texas-based chain dedicated to taming the chaos in your home, office and car—will open its first Nevada outpost May 12. Here’s why that’s a good thing:
1. About 60 new jobs will be created (Fortune named the Container Store one of its 100 best companies to work for).
2. Eighty percent of products are less than $20.
3. Ten percent of opening-weekend sales benefits the Junior League of Las Vegas.
4. More than 140 different coat hangers—and none of them are wire!
5. Free design services and demonstrations to help you create a closet that rivals Coco’s—or at least learn how to properly pack a suitcase.
6. The Little Black Dress Hanging Jewelry Organizer. Curious yet?
7. Forty-five different laundry hampers. Hoarders rejoice!