1. I usually stay home on St. Patrick’s Day, eschewing the amateur night, but Rock the Shamrock lured me to the M Resort, where I found my new love: Jameson Rarest Vintage Reserve, a rich mouthful of glacé fruit and spice, with a long, dry finish. So, when’s the next Irish holiday? JamesonWhiskey.com.
2. Looking for the Dalmore’s new Sirius line or other distinguished drams? Need advice on Father’s Day gifts? Check out the Universal Whisky Experience Concierge at UniversalWhiskyExperience.com/concierge-service. Just sign up and then send them your requests. Then invite me by for a tot!
3. If you’re feeling the effects of Vegas Seven’s Wine Issue (March 22) take a tip from this wine-lover: Electro Nyte from Las Vegas-based My Body Shots is a tangy 2½-ounce drink that replenishes essential minerals and electrolytes. And self-respect. 6 for $16, MyBodyShots.com.
4. National Beer Day will be celebrated in style at Public House on April 7 with a complimentary toast at 5 p.m. (Low-alcohol beer was once again made legal on April 6, 1933, a.k.a. New Beer’s Eve.) Public House will serve a $48 three-course beer-pairing dinner through April 7. The holiday also marks the launch of Public House’s Pub Club: around the world with 50 different beers for a $50 gift certificate and a T-shirt. And the dinner ticks off your first three beers! PublicHouseLV.com.
5. Just in time for Passover, L’Chaim Kosher vodka from Israel has launched a Kosher-for-Passover expression of the brand made from beets instead of corn. Distribution is currently limited to Florida and the Northeast, but when was the last time you visited Bubbe and Zaide in Miami anyway? You know they’re always asking after you… LChaimKosherVodka.com.
6. Consider your Thursday night spoken for. The Indie Spirits Expo is a little peek in the artisanal and small-batch spirits industry, April 5 at Cathouse in Luxor. And if you do miss it, fear not as I’ll be there on your behalf, sussing out the best and letting you know via personal memo. Or in the next issue. $55, 7-9:30 p.m., IndieSpiritsExpo.com.
7. Following yet another successful Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show, President Jon Taffer announced that come Nov. 9, Nightclub & Bar Media Group will once again throw down—this time for the public. The inaugural On the Rocks Las Vegas will offer three days of parties, performances, contests and celebrity-hosted events, including Las Vegas’ biggest happy hour. OnTheRocksLasVegas.com.