1. Your officials were expecting a budget deficit of “only” $15.5 million for fiscal year 2012-13. The actual figure is closer to $33 million.
2. To close the gap, your City Council plans to lay off 100 police-department employees. You have the highest crime rate in the county.
3. Fiscal 2012 will be the third year in a row for layoffs.
4. Tim Hacker, your new city manager as of September, has already run afoul of your notoriously nasty union politics. The firefighter’s union is calling him a liar.
5. The state is watching and still may take over if your officials can’t get their fiscal house in order.
And two reasons they shouldn’t …
1. Craig Ranch Regional Park will be awesome, even if you have to pay to play.
2. Las Vegas or Clark County may just step in and annex the place.
Follow Bob Whitby via RSS.