Leave it to America’s birthday to fall on the most inconvenient day of the week, putting a severe cramp in our holiday bender. Wednesday doesn’t allow for much reveling when you have to be back in the office on Thursday morning shining like a new dime. While there will be plenty of firework displays to admire—and we’ve got the complete guide for you—here are our picks for Independence Day imbibing and likely some red, white and blue swag of some sorts.
• Forget apple pie and baseball. For your dose of Americana, head over to Encore Beach Club for champagne and bananas with a set from electro-house duo Dada Life. EncoreBeachClub.com.
• And we thought the club-banger “Pjanoo” would never disappear, but it did—along with its producer Eric Prydz—for a bit. But the Swedish house DJ looks like he’s working on his fear of flying and returning to the States for an Independence Day gig at Surrender. He’ll likely road-test tracks from his forthcoming artist album under his alias Pryda, so keep your ears finely tuned for new sounds. SurrenderNightclub.com.
• “Whose house? Run’s house!” Run D.M.C.’s hip-hop maestro Rev Run is back at Lavo for the July 4 installment of Old School Wednesdays. LavoLV.com.
• Speaking of old school, Las Vegas veteran spinner DJ R.O.B. will spin the best of the classics plus some “new joints” as he presents his Fourth of July party at the Silverton’s Sway pool. The day’s entertainment will include live reggae courtesy of Cali’s Natural Heights, plus DJ Bozak, drink specials and a good ol’ fashioned barbecue. SilvertonCasino.com.
• Always a reliable Wednesday night out, Snitch at Ghostbar celebrates with its Indepen-dance party, and let’s not forget the view of the city skyline from the patio. Las Vegas native Kid Conrad and resident M!ke Attack provide the patriotic partying playlist. N9neGroup.com.
• Do you Funkin’<3 Disco … and nu disco, funk, breaks and even hip-hop? Spend the Fourth with UrFriends, a.k.a. Bay Area DJs Panic City and Miles Medina. They’ll be spinning along with DJ Spair at Savile Row for the party’s Independence Day edition. AngelMG.com.
• Red, white and boobs abound at Crazy Horse III’s Industry Independence Party, with drink specials 9 p.m.-midnight. Expect lots of barely there American flag attire, too. That’s certainly one way to celebrate freedom! CH3LV.com.