In true Las Vegas fashion, we take our federal holidays with a cocktail and a dance floor. Here are our picks for mixing it up this Labor Day weekend.
• Hopefully you have a sweet tooth because Kandy Vegas kicks off Friday at Beachlife at the Hard Rock Hotel. Catch 2009’s America’s Best DJ and master turntablist Z-Trip, as the weekend’s related parties support Generation Rescue for autistic children. Also on the docket for the festivities? Chris Brown, Pauly D and Spinderella, among others. EDM nerds can relive the underground heyday when the pseudo-shuttered Body English opens again for Kandy After Hours with Paul Oakenfold. (KandyVegas.com.)
• Boats, booze, DJs and floaties. On Saturday, CollectiveZoo continues bringing the party to you… or are they bringing you to the party? Either way, hop on the bus at UNLV and be whisked away to The Float as the CZ crew heads to the Laughlin River for a daylong getaway. (CollectiveZoo.com.)
• Whatever you do, don’t mention his unibrow … German DJ/Producer Boys Noize takes over In the House Fridays at Haze. Keep the energy going on Saturday when JFK of MSTRKFT is at Liquid. (In Aria, LightGroup.com.)
• Tyga—an acronym for “Thank You God Always” … that there’s a plethora of parties every holiday weekend—hits Las Vegas on Saturday with a performance at 1 Oak. Expect a bit of “Rack City,” “Faded” and/or “Make it Nasty” to have you hip-hopping around the dance floor. (In The Mirage, 1OakLasVegas.com.)
• The Mau5 is in the hau5. Deadmau5 will rock the Monday recovery party at Encore Beach Club … unhooked. That’s right. No fancy mau5 head with flashy lights, just Joel and the music. (EncoreBeachClub.com.) When the sun goes down, he’ll move next door to XS for those having mau5 withdrawal. (In Encore, XSLasVegas.com.)