For some, Halloween is the one time of the year when it is totally acceptable to dress like a slut. And, yes, even some of you guys use it as an opportunity to show off your dedication to the gym. But for others, it’s a major cash cow where months of elaborate costume constructing (or strategic body-paint planning) result in a major payoff that could earn you more in one night than many people’s annual salary. Here are your seven best chances to score some major moolah.
• Start Hallow-week off at Surrender, Oct. 25, with a Chainsaw Massacre theme as R3hab provides the spooky soundtrack and Best Costume wins $10,000. (In Encore, SurrenderNightclub.)
• Pure has ponied up some major cash this year for its Heaven & Hell Halloween event Oct. 27. Five female finalists will take a stab at the Sexiest Costume title and a whopping $30,000 in total cash prizes. (In Caesars Palace, AngelMG.com.) At sister club LAX, Sexiest Vixen wins $10,000 in cash prizes. (In Luxor, AngelMG.com.)
• The Granddaddy of Las Vegas costume contests, the Palms’ Night of Killer Costumes Oct. 27 at Rain is where the big boys and girls come out to play. Best Overall Costume wins $10,000; Sexiest Costume takes home $5,000. (In the Palms, Palms.com.)
• Sexy trumps all in Las Vegas this year as The Bank holds a $10,000 Sexiest Costume contest Oct. 28. (In Bellagio, LightGroup.com.)
• One way to get a leg up on the competition Oct. 28 at Vanity’s Sinners Ball is to enter the Celebrity Impersonator category and come dressed as headliner DJ Pauly D. Or take a chance in other categories, such as Sexiest, Scariest, Most Creative, “WTF?,” and Best Overall for a portion of more than $50,000 in cash and prizes. (In the Hard Rock Hotel, HardRockHotel.com.)
• There’s $10,000 in cash and prizes up for grabs at Tabú’s Rum ’N’ Bones party Oct. 28 with Captain Morgan & the Morganettes. (In MGM Grand, MGMGrand.com.)
• And finally, on the actual All-Hallows Eve, $5,000 cash goes to the Best Costume at Gallery as Jenny McCarthy celebrates her 40th birthday by coming dressed as a 25-year-old. (In Planet Hollywood, GalleryLV.com.)