When tickets go on sale for Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit, knives hit the floor the world over as self-proclaimed foodies, hard-core home cooks and culinary geek royalty race to score admission to the supreme festival of the season. Nine events have already sold out for the May 9-12 event (VegasUncorked.com), so unless you have your tickets, you won’t be among the few who catch the Joël Robuchon Cooking & Wine Demo; Pastry Savvy with François Payard; Rao’s on the Grill: Italian Brunch with the Pellegrinos; or the Master Series Dinners by Gordon Ramsay, Nobu Matsuhisa, Bobby Flay, Guy Savoy, Payard and the Pellegrino family. But there’s plenty of bounty to go around, and like a fine wine, this is one event that just gets better with age.
New for this year
• Vegas Uncork’d Kickoff Party at Hakkasan: Explore Las Vegas’ hot new fine-dining and nightclub at a party that includes mouthwatering bites and signature libations from Michelin-starred Chef Ho and his team.
• Master Series Luncheon—Farm Fresh to Tempting Table: Jean-Georges Vongerichten gets down to the roots of cooking with farm-fresh dishes and flavorful libations.
• The Beer Garden: Chefs Hubert Keller and Laurent Pillard team with certified cicerone Sarah Johnson to create an authentic Beer Garden, complete with an Alsatian Brasserie menu, remarkable beer selection and live music.
• Bellagio’s Block Party—Cured, Smoked, Braised, Grilled and Toasted: Chef Michael Mina presents cuisine from an all-star cast of chefs including Vongerichten, Todd English, Julian Serrano and Akira Back, as well as live music, craft beers, sake, wine and spirits.
• Master Series Dinners: Dine alongside some of the world’s most acclaimed chefs with this one-of-a-kind series at Caesars Palace. Tickets still available for dinners with Michel Richard and at Old Homestead.
• The Grand Tasting: This is the biggie! Even if you can’t make it the dinners, seminars or parties, be sure to attend the grand tasting, featuring signature dishes prepared by more than 50 award-winning chefs, as well as more than 100 wines and spirits at the Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis at Caesars Palace.