Dust off those record players and get the 45-rpm adapters ready, here comes Record Store Day 2013! Audiophiles can bask in vinyl goodness on April 20 at some of the last remaining brick-and-mortar music stores, including Las Vegas’ own Zia Records (4503 W. Sahara Avenue and 4225 S. Eastern Avenue). With some 300-plus titles available, ranging from re-releases to exclusives in honor of the day, we dug through the crates to bring you what we’ll pick up for our collection:
- The official 12-inch bootleg of Ani DiFranco’s Buffalo.
- The 40th anniversary of Drive in Saturday Night by David Bowie on a 7-inch picture disc.
- Grateful Dead’s Rare Cuts and Oddities 1966 on two 12-inch LPs.
- The 45-rpm single of Jimi Hendrix’s “Hey Joe” and “Stone Free.”
- The Dazed and Confused soundtrack on two 12-inch “weed green” vinyl, which is appropriate being that Record Store Day lands on the stoner holiday of 4/20.
- The Doors’ Side by Side: Soul Kitchen on milky white translucent 7-inch vinyl.
- Ready to Die by The Notorious B.I.G.