In Las Vegas we can get an all-you-can-eat deal by hitting one of about 50 casino buffets any day of the week, but there are some strong plays outside the casinos, too. One of the best is an unlimited sushi deal at Sushi Mon (9770 S. Maryland Pkwy.). This is a powerhouse at $21.95 for lunch and $26.95 for dinner, with a big window of availability from 11:45 a.m. to 1 a.m., and a huge selection and high-grade fish. Anyone who’s done the typical all-you-can-eat sushi deal knows that there’s almost always at least one of these elements missing from the equation, but not here. Remember it’s the eastside Sushi Mon; the one on the west has higher prices.
• On Tuesday nights, Rhythm Kitchen (6435 S. Decatur Blvd.) has all-you-can-eat snow crab legs for $32. Set up in the dining room or the bar and go to work—you keep eatin’ and they keep bringin’. The legs are a little bigger than average for snow, and they’re prepared perfectly. So you can put a serious dent into any crab-leg cravings you may be fostering. The special comes with bread and one side dish from a choice of about a dozen.
• How about an oyster? Better yet, how about an oyster for under a dollar? The city’s best oyster deals usually come in at a buck-a-pop, but you can do even better Mondays through Thursdays from noon to 4 p.m. at South Point, where raw oysters and clams are half price in the Big Sur Oyster Bar. The normal price for a dozen oysters on the half shell there is $21, which is $1.75 per. At half off it’s just $10.50, or 88 cents apiece, which is the best per-oyster price Las Vegas has seen in a long time. A dozen littleneck clams on the half shell are $8.50 (71 cents apiece). Or get half and half for $9.50.
• Speaking of South Point, it’s hosting a new, free, late-night, R-rated comedy show presented by Ralphie May and Gabe Lopez called The Dirty at 12:30. The show features different guest comics weekly, performing at 12:30 a.m. every Saturday (in other words, 30 minutes after midnight on Fridays).
• Through July 14, play six hours of live poker Sunday through Thursday at the Riviera and get a free room for the night. On Fridays and Saturdays, get a reduced rate of $45. Play can be split between two room occupants, and hours can be banked.
• Are you holding any Canadian dollars? The best place to exchange them is the Golden Gate, where you get a 5 percent bonus in slot free-play or table-game match play, up to a limit of $200 per day. Not packing any Loonies? Just get one of those great shrimp cocktails.