With football back, so too is the Monday Night Football party season. Always a big part of the casino scene, MNF parties have been de-emphasized over the past few years, but there are still events going on all around town. The season is young, so I need to poke around for a few more weeks to get the whole story. Meanwhile, here’s a quick summary of some of the best MNF deals in town:
• Once again, the best party is at South Point, where a lively crowd gathers in the showroom for a traditional MNF bash. Get hot dogs for $1, pizza for $3, and buckets of beer for $12. Going the bucket route is better than buying them one at a time, as the per-beer cost of the five bottles in the bucket is $2.40, compared to $3 for individual drafts. Or, if you know you’ll drink more than five, an option for unlimited draft beer for $15 figures to be the play. Another good element of this party is its $1,000 cash giveaway. About 200 people were in the room last Monday, which means your mathematical expectation is to win $5 ($1,000/200) just for showing up.
• The next strong play runs Downtown at Binion’s or the Four Queens, where they’ll refund your food and drink bill during the game with slot free-play up to $50. The deal is for Benny’s Bullpen at Binion’s and Chicago Brewing Company at the Queens. Both have cigar menus and a small wine list, so if pizza and beer isn’t your thing, you can go for cigars and cognac. The slot-play rebate has to be played through the machines one time, so you might not get all the way back to even, but you could also come out with more than you came in with. To top it off, you’ll also get a $10 table-game matchplay, which pretty much means you’re getting fed and paid to watch the games there. The offer is currently good every Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
• Another powerhouse deal for MNF is available from a nontraditional source: the Hustler gentlemen’s club on Dean Martin Drive. Locals pay a $10 fee to get a pass into the club, where from 4 to 8 p.m. there’s an open bar and free food. This isn’t a draft-and-well-drinks open bar. It’s an everything open bar, as in Patrón and Absolut and Captain Morgan and Heineken. Better yet, your pass is reusable, and the booze part of the deal runs every day during the same hours.
Of course, all three places show the games on their big screens, so simply pick the one that sounds best—traditional, rebate and slot play or open bar. It’s tough to lose with any of them.
- Dancer’s Answers for Video-Poker Players
- Tacos, UFC Parties and Watered-Down Specials
- The Art of Winning Video-Poker Tourneys