Today, with only a month to go before its October 26 kick-off in Downtown Las Vegas, the Life is Beautiful Festival announced the lineup for the Learning portion of its programming. While the forty-odd speakers might not boast as much star power as the heavyweights who are headlining the Music lineup, they look to make up for it in their sheer diversity and expertise on topics ranging from speed reading and endurance racing to public radio innovation.
In a press release, festival co-founder Rehan Choudhry says the program “allows for critically acclaimed and diverse speakers to share their path to success and what the real obstacles/barriers to entry were.” He adds that each speaker will address the question, Why is your life beautiful and how did you come to realize it?
Choudhry is on tap to speak, along with Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh and a panel of Cirque Du Soleil members. Among the speakers joining them are Scott Flansburg, who is in the Guinness Book of World Records for his mathematical prowess as “The Human Calculator,” Matt Mullenweg, the co-founder of the popular blogging platform WordPress and Harry Shum Jr., best known for his role on Fox’s Glee.
Look for Dr. Sean Stephenson, the only speaker to submit his bio on the Festival’s website in the first person. Born with a rare bone disorder, the “Three Foot Giant” defied medical expectations and went on to become a quality of life advocate, motivational speaker and practitioner of hypnotherapy.
The exact speaking schedule has not yet been released, though the Life is Beautiful website promises it’s coming soon.
Here’s the full announced Learning lineup, per Life is Beautiful:
- UFC fighters Forrest Griffin, Miesha Tate and Pat Barry
- Creators and Stars of the hit MTV reality documentary series “The Buried Life” which asks the question “What do you want to do before you die?”
- Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos and author of bestseller “Delivering Happiness”
- Harry Shum Jr., actor and dancer on Fox’s hit show, Glee
- Tony Horton, celebrity trainer and American fitness guru best known for the P90X at home boot camp
- A panel featuring members of Cirque du Soleil, the unchallenged world leader in circus arts
- Aarón Sanchéz, Chef/Partner Alegre & Mestizo Leawood, Co-Star of Food Network’s Chopped and Fox Life’s Motochefs
- Matt Mullenweg, Co-founder of WordPress, the most popular publishing platform on the web.
- Rehan Choudhry, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Life is Beautiful Festival
- Jason Lester, Nike ultra-endurance athlete, ESPY award winner and Founder and Chairman of EP1C Enterprises, Inc., M3CCA, LLC. and The NEVER STOP Foundation
- Quddus is best known from his hosting MTV’s iconic show Total Request Live, ABC’s singing competition show Duets and he is the Founder of The Q Side Entertainment
- Jason Pollock, activist, writer, and maker of the films The Youngest Candidate and Undroppable
- Jim Kwik, CEO of Kwik Learning and expert on memory improvement and speed reading
- Daniel Kraft, M.D., Physician-scientist, inventor and chair of the FutureMed program at Singularity University
- Dr. Sean Stephenson, Self-help Author of “Time to Stand” and acclaimed Motivational Speaker
- Paull Young, Director of Digital of charity:water
- Will Travis, leader of multiple top agencies including ATTIK and Sid Lee, and consultant for the world’s top creative talent
- Steve Brown, Intel’s Chief Evangelist and Futurist responsible for building and sharing a clear, compelling vision for the future of computing
- Brad Sugars, leader in establishing the business coaching industry with ActionCOACH
- David Daniel Hudson, American singer better known by his stage name Hudson
- Marcia Wieder, Founder & CEO of Dream University, and ambassador for making dreams real
- Scott Flansburg, Dubbed “The Human Calculator” and entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for his unprecedented speed of mental calculation
- Miki Agarwal, author of “Do Cool Sh*t” which details her unorthodox, creative and clever approach to raising capital, learning about the restaurant world and creating buzz
- Maneesh K. Goyal & David Munczinski, co-founders of Live in the Grey, an online resource and community aiming to inspire individuals to blend their personal passions with their professional lives
- Jamie Wheal, Executive Director at Flow Genome Project
- Courtnee LeClaire Westendorf, Head of Marketing & Communications, Intel Media. Former marketing executive at Disney and Apple.
- Tim Chang, Managing Director of Mayfield Fund and experienced global executive known for his thought leadership in gamification
- Rajil Kapoor, entrepreneur, Internet industry pioneer, former Managing Director at Mayfield, co-founder/CEO of Snapfish, creator of cofounder.co and now CEO/cofounder of disruptive mobile fitness service fitmob
- David Uslan, Writer, Producer, and Vice President of Business Development for Graphicly
- Lars Schmidt, Senior Director of talent acquisition and innovation at NPR
- Michael Karnjanaprakorn, CEO & Co-Founder of Skillshare
- Prerna Gupta, Chief Product Officer at Smule, and expert on music creation apps
- Dr. Cristina de Jesus, President and Chief Academic Officer of Green Dot Public Schools
- Chris Culos, Drummer from the bandO.A.R.
- Rudy Lopez-Negrete, Manager of Music and Content Development at Lopez Negrete Communications
- Jia Jiang, Founder of Entresting.com and writer of blog “100 days of rejection”