What’s orange, weights 75 pounds and dispenses fresh, local beer? Why, the Giant Pumpkin Keg, of course! In preparation for his second annual Halloween party, 6-11 p.m. November 1, Khoury’s Fine Wine & Spirits’ owner Issa Khoury scoured the Valley’s pumpkin patches for the largest gourds available. He and his staff have meticulously hollowed them out, and rigged them as working kegs, which will be filled with 25 gallons of seasonal and one-off beers from local craft breweries, including Joseph James Brewing Co., Big Dog’s Brewing Co., Tenaya Creek Brewery and Chicago Brewing Co. Costumes are not required but highly recommended, and the party will go until the pumpkins run dry.
The Witches’ Brew List
• Magic Sticke Altbier, Joseph James Brewing Co.
• Red Fox Russian Imperial Stout infused with whole-bean Grouchy John’s coffee, Joseph James Brewing Co.
• Pumpkin Ale infused with seasonal spices, Big Dog’s Brewing Co.
• Calico Brown brewed with toasted pumpkin seeds and spices, Tenaya Creek Brewery
• Quad Damn It!, Chicago Brewing Co. (award-winner at GABF!)
$25, 6-11 p.m., 9915 S. Eastern Ave., Suite 110, 435-9463, KhourysFineWine.com.