“Probably endangered animals and 1000-year-old wine,” was one colleague’s guess. But the actual menu for the annual UNLV Foundation Dinner sounds so much more delicious. The dinner honors individuals and organizations that have contributed $1 million or more to the university.
So, what will these generous souls be tucking into on November 16 at Bellagio? Try a cup of cardamom-spiced butternut squash soup “espresso” and a duo of Barolo short rib and colossal prawn with black truffle-spinach flan, stuffed piquillo pepper, king trumpet mushroom and Swiss chard.
Ricardo Murcia, assistant director of beverage and mixologist for Bellagio, created the cocktail menu, which features the Angelica (Tanqueray Gin, St-Germain, lemon juice, white cranberry and “sweets”) and that modern classic, the Cable Car (Captain Morgan spiced rum, Marie Brizzard orange curaçao and lemon juice), created by opening Bellagio mixologist Tony Abou-Ganim.
To find out the rest, you can buy your way in for just $200 per seat to enjoy passed the hors d’oeuvres created by the chefs of the Wolfgang Puck Dining Group and the three-course dinner by the Bellagio catering team.
Or just scroll down.
UNLV Foundation Dinner
Passed Hors d’oeuvres
- Organic French goat cheese with yuzu marmalade and almonds in endive spears
- Cardamom-spiced butternut squash soup “espresso”
- Mushroom carpaccio and wild arugula in Reggiano Parmesan crisp
- House-made duck pastrami on soft pretzel bread with quince purée and pomegranate pearls
- Spicy tuna in sesame cones with masago and bonito
- Spago smoked salmon “popper” with lemon-herb blini
- Prime beef sliders with aged white cheddar, brioche bun “open face”
- Marinated lamb chops, mint gremolata, pomegranate
Sampler presentation of tuna Niçoise with haricot vert, quail egg, tomato, tapenade, kale and purple potato; beet cannoli with cauliflower-chèvre mousseline; and crab salad with grapefruit gelée, cucumber, chive and rice crisp.
A duo of Barolo short rib and colossal prawn with black truffle-spinach flan, stuffed piquillo pepper, king trumpet mushroom and Swiss chard.
A duo of Black Forest cake and warm apple brioche bread pudding with salted caramel ice cream.