When the calendar reads “February 14,” what it’s really saying is, “It’s time to show someone how much you love them by taking them to dinner.” In order to do that, you’ll need to plan ahead. You’ll need to assess what kind of evening your valentine would enjoy most. Are they a champagne and lap dance kind of a gal? A five-course extravaganza sort of fella? Because we love you, we’ve gathered a wide range of options for impressing your special someone on V-Day. Because no matter what, some dumb little thing from CVS isn’t going to cut it.
1. French Kiss: Chef David Myers of Comme Ça takes inspiration from Julia Child with his three-course Sweethearts Dinner that includes chocolate soufflé with vanilla raspberry Anglaise. As if French cuisine wasn’t romantic enough, the restaurant will be candle-lit for the occasion. $59 per person, in the Cosmopolitan, 698-7910, CommeCaRestaurant.com.
2. Sharing Is Caring: Snuggle up and split a plate with your date. SHe By Morton’s offers shareable options including a 48-ounce rib eye ($150) and twin filet medallions with rock lobster tails ($129). Then decide whether you two would rather divide a box of gourmet chocolates ($8) or chocolate bar ($10). In the Shops at Crystals, 254-2376, SHe-LV.com.
3. Bee Mine: Bring your sweetie to Honey Salt for the Sweet as Honey menu, created by the husband-and-wife culinary team of chef Kim Canteenwalla and Elizabeth Blau. Highlights include baked stuffed lobster and wagyu New York strip steak. $70 per person, 1031 S. Rampart Blvd., 445-6100, HoneySalt.com.
4. Your Love Is My Drug: Get hooked on the three-course Addicted to Love menu at Poppy Den. Chef Angelo Sosa offers entrées such as coconut-glazed salmon and Peking duck with scallion pancakes ($39). All single ladies are invited upstairs to The Den ultra-lounge for open bar from 9-11 p.m. 440 S. Rampart Blvd., Suite 180, 802-2480, PoppyDenVegas.com.
5. Up Late: Romance your woman into the wee hours at Ferraro’s. The Italian restaurant and wine bar is always open until 2 a.m., and in honor of the occasion, every lady will receive a rose and every couple gets a complimentary dessert. 4480 Paradise Rd., 364-5300, FerrarosLasVegas.com.
6. Say It With Bacon: What do you love more than your SigOth? Bacon! And in celebration of your adoration, I♥Burgers serves an I ♥ bacon burger with sweet potato fries and a strawberry sweetheart milkshake for $12. But don’t wait for V-Day to profess your love; this deal started on Feb. 1. I, Town Square, In Town Square, 675-7800, ILoveBurgers.com.
7. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes: Make a smoke ring heart at Rhumbar, where $150 gets you a bottle of Moët Rosé and unlimited hookah. In The Mirage, 735-8322, RhumbarLV.com.
8. Gimme Some Sugar: Start your date night with heart-shaped bruschetta at Sugar Factory. Then, move from the savory main course to red velvet fondue. $49, In Town Square, 641-7768, SugarFactory.com.
9. You Can Be My Cowboy: Nothing says “love” like two-for-one bull rides, champagne or beer pong at PBR Rock Bar. While you sip (or slip) on those specials, you can snack on meat lovers pizza and nachos. In the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood, 750-1685, PBRRockBar.com.
10. A Cure for the Lovelorn: Recently dumped? Aliante Hotel-Casino has a party for you. Swing by ETA Lounge for go-go dancers, adult Mad Libs and more at the “Love Stinks, Let’s Drink” party from 9 p.m. to midnight. 7300 Aliante Pkwy., 692-7777, AlianteGaming.com.
11. Can’t Buy Me Love: Slice of Vegas keeps it simple and fairly affordable with a prix-fixe menu for $24 per person. The meal starts with grilled peach salad, features lobster fettuccini and ends with crispy filled cannoli. In the Shoppes at Mandalay Place, 632-6470, SliceofVegasPizza.com.
12. Is It Love, or Just Lust? Crazy Horse III is the place to be for the wild at heart, with $99 bottles of champagne and complimentary lap dances. 3525 W. Russell Rd., 675-8033, CrazyHorse3.com.
13. International Affair: Dinner at La Cave includes tastes from around the world, with dishes inspired by the Napa Valley, Rome, Paris and beyond. The five-course menu ($49) is available with wine pairing for an additional $25 per person. In Wynn, 770-7375, LaCaveLV.com.
14. No Dudes Allowed: “Don’t bring your boyfriend to this bar.” That’s the theme for Rockhouse’s sassy soirée, during which you can sling back half-priced “chick drinks” such as the Pink Cadillac, Watermelon Pucker and Sweet Revenge. In the Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian, 731-9683, TheRockhouseBar.com.
15. Liquid Love: At Commonwealth, you can toast to your love of liquor with themed drinks including the “Little Hot Mess,” kept cool by Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum and strawberry puree. (525 Fremont St., 798-7000, CommonwealthLV.com.) Sister property Park on Fremont offers its own naughty cocktails such as the coffee-based “Pleasure Fist” and peppermint and chocolate “Dirty Girl Scout.” 506 Fremont St., 834-3160, ParkOnFremont.com.
16. Donut Forget Me: More than one Valentine? Krispy Kreme’s got you covered. When you purchase a dozen donuts, you’ll receive as many valentine cards, each redeemable for one complimentary donut of any kind. Multiple locations, KrispyKreme.com.
17. Room With a View: Lose your breath on Ghostbar’s 55th floor balcony and sip complimentary Champagne from 8-10 p.m. In Palms, 942-7777, Palms.com.
18. Love Deluxe: Tao’s prix-fixe menu ($58) is all about decadence. Indulge your loved one with a meal that includes salt and pepper lobster tail and kobe hanger steak, plus dark chocolate pot de crème with white chocolate yuzu strawberry. In The Venetian, 388-8338, TaoRestaurantLV.com.
19. Assembly Required: Order drinks, cake, chocolates and flowers all at once with a “Date in a Box” from Gimme Some Sugar Bake Shoppe. Fifteen percent of all store proceeds benefit the Children’s Heart Foundation Feb. 11-16. $42 and up, 19 S. Stephanie St. suite 160, GimmeSomeSugarLV.com.
20. The Name Says It All: Have you been admiring someone in secret? Drop a hint and invite them to Crush for a four-course prix fixe menu ($65) including baby beet salad with mascarpone cheese, beef carpaccio, poached Australian lobster tail and lastly, cupid’s white chocolate raspberry bon bons with champagne cream and chocolate dipping sauce. Optional wine pairing is available for $25. In MGM Grand, 891-3222, MGMGrand.com.