Many of us at Vegas Seven were disappointed to learn the Venetian and the Palazzo would not be bringing back the Summer Carnevale series of food and wine events in 2014. However, a recent conversation with Vice President of Food and Beverage Sebastian Silvestri calmed those fears. Because while Carnevale isn’t returning as an event, this summer will still boast an exciting collection of independent food and wine events at the resorts that will be marketed under a new campaign called La Dolce Vita. “We are strong with our Italian roots, and we’ve put together a very nice program for the summer,” Silvestri says. And looking at the lineup, it’s hard to disagree:
- Summer kicks off with the return of the Antinori Family Dinner, a five-course Guada Al Tasso wine-pairing affair hosted by Italian winemaker Allegra Antinori on June 16 in the private Piaza Club. Food will include langoustine carpaccio, lobster ravioli and roasted quail. Tickets go on sale next week, although they’re already nearly sold out through pre-sales.
- On July 23, the Paiza Club will host a six-course Glenlivet single-malt Scotch-pairing dinner hosted by Master of Scotch Rick Edwards.
- Chef Daniel Boulud will provide the food at a Dom Perignon Champagne dinner in his DB Brasserie restaurant July 2.
- September 26 will mark the return of the popular Festivino, celebrating the wines of Bordeaux with local Master Chefs of France.
- Finally, Silvestri is in the early planning stages of a Veuve Clicquot End-of-Summer Picnic in September to benefit the Three Square food bank at a public park. Get this: The location will only be announced at the last minute.
Prices and additional details will be announced soon on Venetian.com and Palazzo.com.