You’ve got plenty of options this year for observing America’s independence with a flashy display of explosives. Here are our top eight picks. (Note: Two of these events actually take place on July 3. But this is the land of the free, after all, and we shall not be restricted by titles!)
1. It’s perfectly acceptable to celebrate Fourth of July a little early, but let’s not annoy your neighbors with fireworks just yet. Instead, join the City of North Las Vegas at Craig Ranch Regional Park for the 15th annual Independence Day Jubilee. Expect food, carnival rides, live music from Michael Grimm and, of course, a fireworks show. 628 W. Craig Ranch Rd., 3-9 p.m., CityOfNorthLasVegas.com.
2. Experience America’s pastime when the Las Vegas 51s play the Salt Lake Bees during the Fireworks Extravaganza at Cashman Field on July 3. What makes it even better? It’s dollar beer night! 850 North Las Vegas Boulevard, 7:05 p.m., $15-35, MILB.com.
3. Ride a complimentary shuttle from Foothills High School to Mission Hills Park for the City of Henderson’s Annual Fourth of July Celebration. Before the big show at 9 p.m. (accompanied by the Henderson Symphony Orchestra), you can enjoy more music, concessions and family-friendly activities. 551 East Mission Dr. Henderson, 89002, 6 p.m., free admission, HendersonLive.com.
4. Boulder City’s 66th Annual Damboree Celebration begins at 7 a.m. with a pancake breakfast. Follow that with a full day of parades, water games and music before the fireworks show at 9 p.m. Begins at 1100 Colorado St., Boulder City, 89005, price per activity, BCNV.org.
5. At Stratosphere, adults have the option to dip their feet in 8 Pool for a concert by Zowie Bowie ($10), or kick back at Level 107 Lounge (two-drink minimum required after 6 p.m.) to watch fireworks. Families with children can purchase admission to the Tower’s viewing deck for $28 per person. 2000 Las Vegas Boulevard South, StratosphereHotel.com/4th-of-July.
6. All ages are welcome to the display at Mandalay Bay Beach with music by local classic rock cover band Phoenix. Individual tickets are $20 and a family four-pack is $60. At Mandalay Bay, 8 p.m., MandalayBay.com.
7. A drive to Primm Valley Casino Resorts is worth it and then some when you learn that previous fireworks shows here have lasted 18 minutes. Also, you’ll deal with less traffic than the Strip, and have the opportunity to ride the resort’s attractions. Just make sure you’re parked at Buffalo Bill’s for prime viewing come dusk. 31900 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Primm 89019, free admission, PrimmValleyResorts.com.
8. Another option off the beaten path is Stars, Stripes and Sparks at Knickerbocker Park. Located near the 215 and Hualapai Way, the park will host food trucks, a beer garden, a performance by the Parametrics, and a not one, but two fireworks shows at 8:45 and 9:15 p.m. 10695 Dorrell Lane, 6 p.m., ProvidenceLV.com.
Follow Camille Cannon via RSS.