Steve Wynn has never been one to rest on his laurels; his Wynn and Encore resorts are constantly being refreshed. Celebrating its sixth birthday in spring, XS debuted an approximately $10 million production over New Year’s weekend. “We have been diligently working to add the most up-to-date technology in our venues, while maintaining the sophistication and unobstructed layout that XS is known for,” managing partner Jesse Waits says. “What we have created is a unique and spectacular visual experience without sacrificing any of the existing elements that our fans know and love.” New additions include a massive DJ booth surrounded by 14,000 LED lights, a double kabuki drop in front of the DJ booth featuring state-of-the-art video content, a pyrotechnic system above the pool deck and lasers overhead through the palm trees. “We didn’t overlook any surface,” Waits says.
Here’s the complete lineup of upgrades:
- A pyrotechnic system that shoots fire above the roof of the pool deck.
- A larger DJ booth surrounded by 14,000 LED lights.
- The stage’s new overhead structure features movable LED video screens that not only rise up and down, but also rotate in all directions.
- A double kabuki drop in front of the DJ booth featuring projection-mapped video content that will allow for a dramatic intro for headlining DJs.
- Massive LED node details that cover the entirety of the club (including over the pool) and which pulsate and change in coordinated color patterns in time with the music.
- An extension of technology and lighting into the outdoor pool area, including screens on the outside of the club.
- Lasers and LED marquee-style string lights float from the palm trees to the bar soffit and around each cabana creating a unique pixel mapped detail over the pool.
- Four full-color crowd scanning lasers and fixtures.
- A one-of-a-kind video screen design over the DJ booth, incorporating a three-dimensional cubic layout. The video in this structure has been mapped pixel-perfect, enabling custom effects that are made specifically for the DJ booth.
In case you’re itching to see some of the new production in action you can check out the video below, but, of course, the only way to truly take it all in is to witness it firsthand.