EDC 2015 is in the history books. Thanks to some caffeine (Red Bull, you’re the MVP) and the moral support of my friends, I managed to endure my time under the electric sky. Here are some highlights from my first EDC experience.
- Ms. Easy and a handful of her clowns pumping up the crowd and shaking hands during Sasha’s set at neonGARDEN.
- Flume playing a few new songs, as well as hip-hop remixes of his own material, including a Freddie Gibbs verse in “Holdin’ On.”
- Fireworks going off for nearly every act that played at kineticFIELD.
- Fatboy Slim opening his set with “Eat Sleep Rave Repeat” and mixing in the Sugarhill Gang’s “Apache” and LMFAO’s “I’m in Las Vegas, bitch!” before the drop at circuitGROUNDS.
- Brodinski playing a secret set as “Louis B” at cosmicMEADOW.
- Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad’s Walter White) introducing the song “Walter White” during Above & Beyond’s set at kineticFIELD.
- Nearly the entire audience clapping along to the “clap your hands, y’all; it’s all right” part during Duke Dumont’s set at cosmicMEADOW.
- Hardwell playing a surprise hip-hop set on top of the Mayan Art Car.
- Dash Berlin dropping Darude’s “Sandstorm”—the timeless rave song.