When Hakkasan Nightclub held its official grand opening in April 2013 with a thunderous DJ set by Calvin Harris and a sparkling red carpet starring Jennifer Lopez, Las Vegas nightlife welcomed with open arms a venue that was expected to have an impressive tenure. Four years later, there are countless memories and moments that have proved that notion to be true week in and week out.
We’ve rounded up all the top fours that make the club a must-visit for devotees of Las Vegas nightlife.
4 Biggest Moments
1. Even before opening, Hakkasan caused a buzz by announcing its stacked DJ lineup—with more than 7 artists—in March 2013. At the time, it was the largest nightclub the city had ever seen.
2. It was double the celebration when Hakkasan hosted a star-studded grand opening and Pharrell Williams’ 40th birthday party in April 2013.
3. Where the celebs play: Rita Ora, Jennifer Lopez, Kate Upton and Swizz Beatz all stopped by on the same night in September 2013.
4. In 2015, DJ Mag named Hakkasan the No. 1 nightclub in the country.
4 Top Talents
Presently, one of the biggest challenges for Las Vegas nightclubs is to wow repeat guests as talent comes through on regular rotation. For flair, Hakkasan puts on a show within the show.
1. Resident DJ Steve Aoki never met a raft he didn’t want to crowd-surf on, or a cake he didn’t want to throw.
2. Lil Jon loves to open his About Last Night parties by taking shots with fans on the dance floor.
3. The big show isn’t just behind the decks. Hakkasan’s skilled aerialist team dangles high above the crowd with silks.
4. Elaborately costumed dancers perform choreographed numbers in every corner of the venue.
4 Bottle Presentations
Who knew making an entrance with a bottle of booze would become such a big deal? But in Las Vegas that is the service that big spenders have come to expect. Hakkasan is known for having some of the most spectacular liquor presentations on the Strip. After all, a party isn’t a party until the dragon comes out. Bottles have been bestowed upon guests in a number of unforgettable ways:
1. A giant dragon makes its way through the club with the bottle.
2. A cocktail server is seated on a throne and carried to the table, bottle in hand.
3. A neon-lit drum line accompanies the bottle.
4. At the minimum, your presentation could include costumed servers, flags and signs.
4 Socially Engaged Experiences
Hakkasan is always selfie-ready:
1. There’s a photo-perfect Hotpoint station with the best lighting for every selfie queen (and king).
2. Club staff hands out props and frames to guests, making every photo a memorable one.
3. Customized Snapchat filters are available for special engagements and recurring events.
4. The venue was designed by Paris’ Gilles & Bossier and New York’s 212 Design—with consulting fromLondon’s Isometrix Lighting + Design—to capture every amazing moment. So wait patiently for that “confetti raining down on the crowd with hands in the air” money shot.