In case you forgot to check your Instagram Stories for a Coachella recap, Vegas Seven has you covered. We traded in our regular whip for a Chevy Colorado, given all parking for the festival is off-road or on a polo field, and headed into the SoCal desert. Here are the best things that went down:
1. This year seemed to have more parties than ever. L.A.’s h.wood group (owned by Las Vegas’ Hakkasan Group) hosted parties throughout the weekend. Stars such as The Weeknd, Selena Gomez, Drake, Kendall Jenner and Rihanna all seemed to prefer 1 OAK’s nocturnal pop-up to Nylon’s Friday night bash this year, and Rachel Zoe became Saturday’s best daytime fest, with a brunch followed by a chic soirée. Here, Kate Bosworth and friends got down with free spa treatments and rosé. Saturday night saw Leonardo DiCaprio hanging with Tobey Maguire and Orlando Bloom hitting up the Levi’s and Don Julio-powered Neon Carnival before all the cool kids headed to Jeremy Scott’s Candy Crush/Moschino late-night fête.
2. Coachella now has a secret tiki bar in the main field.
3. The sound cut out during Radiohead’s set, prompting Thom Yorke to use some expletives. It then went out again.
4. Lauryn Hill arrived very late for her surprise appearance at DJ Snake’s set, giving festival organizers a panic attack.
5. Lady Gaga slayed. Pharrell watched Kendrick Lamar’s set from the soundboard.
6. Rihanna wore a crystal bodysuit courtesy of Gucci.
7. L.A. Riot’s manager Lainie Green helped us escape from artist parking on Saturday. The VIP got so backed up, we couldn’t move for an hour. The aptly dubbed “baddest bitch in EDM” (by askmen.com) made good use of our Chevy Colorado’s off-road abilities by moving a barricade to exit the festival. Here’s to truck appreciation.