1. The UNLV Beverage Management Club (funny—when I was in college we just called ourselves “students”) has teamed with the Hard Rock Hotel for the second annual Brew UNLV beer fest May 11. Rock & Brew will feature more than 100 local and national beers, live music and barbecue at the Dream Pool. $25 in advance, $30 at the door, 6:30 p.m.-10 p.m., BrewUNLV.com.
2. Of course, there’s also plenty of beer to be had—and tequila!—at the sixth annual Lee’s Beer & Tequila Experience, May 5 at LVH, featuring more than 300 beers and more than 70 tequilas. 3-8 p.m., $50 in advance, $65 at the door, LeesLiquorLV.com/events.
3. Delmonico Steakhouse in the Venetian will host an unrivaled scotch tasting May 13 with a number of rare and ultra-premium drams, including the Dalmore 1967 and Astrum 40 Year plus a four-course dinner. $350, UniversalWhiskyExperience.com/events.
4. R Steak & Seafood at the Riviera presents a series of pairing dinners beginning May 9 with French winemaker Gerard Bertrand ($65 advance $75 at the door) and continuing June 13 with Johnnie Walker scotch ($85 in advance, $95 at the door) and July 11 with New Belgian Brewing Co. ($40 in advance, $50 at the door). All dinners begin at 6 p.m., call 794-9233 for reservations.
5. Like your bubbly poolside? Check out the Cosmopolitan’s new Bubbles & Brunch at the Boulevard Pool’s Overlook Café, featuring the entire Moët & Hennessy bubbly portfolio, with a la carte bottles starting at $95. While there, enjoy globally inspired small plates. $40 per person, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., Sat-Sun, call 698-7970 for reservations.
6. Kicked off last month with an outdoor showing of There’s Something About Mary, Fifth Street Gaming presents Mugs N Movies, featuring free flicks selected by area organizations and businesses, beer and popcorn while you sit on whatever you brought with you to Stewart Avenue and Third Street. 8 p.m. May 19, Downtown3rd.com.
7. “Red Solo cup, I fill you up, let’s have a party!” The song is just so ... catchy! Thursday is Red Solo Cup ladies night at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill, where fillies enjoy free refills with their $10 cup purchase. 8 p.m.-2 a.m., in Harrah’s.