Expert Opinion: Best bar deals
July 28th, 2011
The publisher of the Las Vegas Advisor newsletter and website (and author of Vegas Seven’s “The Deal” column) shares his favorite happy-hour and bar deals.
1. P.J. Clarke’s. They shuck ’em and you shoot ’em—for a buck a pop—at this Irish haunt’s “Oyster Riot” happy hour, which also features two-for-one drinks. 2:45-6 p.m. daily (except Saturday), in the Forum Shops at Caesars.
2. Simon at Palms Place. During happy hour at celeb chef Kerry Simon’s restaurant, six bucks gets you a variety of appetizers, and another six bucks gets you a specialty drink. Occasional visits by the rock-star chef … free! 4-7 p.m. Mon-Fri, in Palms Place.
3. Seablue. Get happy on $5 appetizers such as Falafel Fritters and “Octopops” (oak-grilled octopus with coriander aioli), or shoot a half-dozen Chesapeake barcat fried oysters ($6). And wash it all down with $3 premium beer or $5 wine and sangria specials. 5:30-7 p.m. daily (except Saturday), bar area only, in the MGM Grand.
4. McCormick & Schmick’s. One look at the bar menu and it’s easy to see why this seafood restaurant has long laid claim to the best happy hour in town: Cajun fries ($2), half-pound cheeseburger ($3), blackened fish taco ($4) … and the list goes on. 3:30-6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.-close weekdays, 335 Hughes Center Drive.
5. Casino Royale. Looking to get your drink on, do it on the cheap and at any hour of any day? Belly up to any Casino Royale bar for $1 Michelob bottles and margaritas or 75-cent draft beers, served up 24/7. 3411 Las Vegas Blvd. South.
6. Crown & Anchor. Slide $20 into a video poker machine, and lunch (including beer) is on the house at this British pub. Or if you arrive near the dinner hour, the same deal applies for an appetizer. 1350 E. Tropicana Ave., 739-8676; 4755 Spring Mountain Road, 876-4733.
7. Irene’s Cocktail Lounge. Hit it a little too hard on Saturday night, did ya? Need a little hair of the dog now? Then drag yourself (or have someone drag you) over to Irene’s on the west side, where a Bloody Mary on Sundays (all day) will set you back a single George Washington. 5480 W. Spring Mountain Road, 873-5758.